Information for individuals coming to Tower Farm for work experience:
Tower Farm is supportive of people wishing to increase their equestrian knowledge by helping on yards with the horses. We wish to make this a safe and enjoyable experience for all parties. Please adhere to the following.
- All volunteers must have a completed form in the office signed by parent/guardian. Download Volunteer's Form.
- Work experience are not supervised at all times and , work experience must not be on yards when no staff members are present ( its your responsibility to check times)
- Please do not bring any valuables to stables and keep mobiles/money on your person.
- We will not tolerate bullying of any kind. Tower Farm has a Child Protection Policy in place.
- The horses must be respected, and everything done to ensure their welfare is always priority.
- No volunteers should undertake any task they feel uncomfortable doing, any health and safety issues you feel need to be addressed report immediately to a member of staff.
- Volunteers must always were safe clothing around the yard, trainers are prohibited and riding hats are strongly advised to be worn at anytime there is contact with the horses. Please have a set of spare clothes at stables and rain jacket.
- Mobile phones are not allowed to be used in yard and definitely not when helping lead in lessons.
- Volunteers are asked to not to post any negative comments or images from their time at Tower Farm on any social media
- Volunteers must not enter stables/fields without permission and must never go to fields alone.
- There is often machinery working around the yard please be very respectful of their presence.
- By signing the attached form you are consenting to be driven occasionally in Tower Farm vehicles to fields etc.
- Any incident/accident must be reported immediately to a member of staff and then logged in either the incident or accident book.
Above all we want Tower Farm to be a fun and safe place for people to increase their equestrian knowledge, your choice to help is entirely voluntary but we do appreciate every individuals input.
No volunteering can commence until Tower Farm have received a completed medical/contact form.
Download Volunteer's Form